Sunday, February 26, 2012

Team Mobility



Last February I started running again, in May I started training, ideas of a marathon bouncing around my head. When I heard that Free Wheelchair Mission was teaming up with the LA Marathon to start a charity team, my decision was made. Within weeks I was registered for the LA Marathon and joined Team Mobility to raise funds for Free Wheelchair Mission.

Free Wheelchair Mission is a wonderful nonprofit that has designed a hardy wheelchair that they manufacture and ship around the world and distribute for free to those in need. It’s a wonderful organization that I have supported in the past and I was excited to team up with. I set the goal to raise enough funds for 15 wheelchairs and with the help of my friends, family and coworkers, I have gotten closer and closer to that goal. With just three weeks left, I’m still three wheelchairs short!

If it wasn’t for my pledge to this charity, I don’t think I would have made it this far. I’ve jumped from one injury to another and have been battling PF for months now, but the charity gave me a goal, a purpose for my running other than just a personal accomplishment. I think it is a wonderful idea to get behind a cause when you set your sights on a bigger race. It’s definitely rewarding to know you are making a difference in other’s lives while also doing something to improve yourself.

If you would like to donate or learn more about Free Wheelchair Mission, please visit my fundraising page:

Every little bit helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment