Sunday, May 6, 2012

I Miss Running So Much I Could Cry


Things are a little rough right now and I can’t wait to have this trial behind me. I was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis, piriformis syndrome and IT Band syndrome. For the first week after the LA marathon, I couldn’t sleep through the whole night due to the pain. I started physical therapy at the beginning of April and have been working hard since. I totaled 20 miles last month and it was the most challenging 20 miles I have ever done.



I attend physical therapy two times a week. Eli, my PT, works my muscles so hard, that I have finger shaped bruises up and down my leg and I usually leave the office on shaking legs from the exercises he pushes me through. One of the student workers told me that I have the hardest exercise regimen that she has seen and I was happy to hear it. I’m willing to put in the work, no matter how hard or painful it is, if it means I can run that much sooner.

Eli worked his magic on a knotted muscle

It will be a long time before I take running pain free for granted again.

No comments:

Post a Comment