Saturday, November 3, 2012

October Roundup


October was a crazy month for me. There was only one weekend that I didn’t race this last month, making it one of the most race heavy months that I have ever had. I was so excited to be back out and running, that I think I may have overcommitted myself just a little. It was a lot of fun, but I think it’s time to buckle down and get back to training.

Overall, I ran a total of 62 miles, averaging 15.5 miles per week. My longest nonstop run has now been built up to 4 miles and my longest interval run (not counting my half marathon) was 6 miles. So as you can see, I’m still working on building my base back up. I need to keep reminding myself that I can’t just go out and run ten miles, I have to build back up slowly.

As for the X-Files challenge, I managed to roughly finish six episodes, putting my total mileage for the challenge at 41.96. Maybe I’ll manage to finish season one by the end of the year.

As for November, I have the San Antonio Rock’n’Roll Half Marathon next weekend and I hope to run the local Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving. I probably shouldn’t have scheduled two half marathons only two weeks apart, but I’d registered for LA nine months in advance and I was planning a trip to San Antonio for the birth of my nephew when I realized that the half marathon was taking place the same weekend I would be there (almost too hard to pass up). Hopefully I can tone things down and get back to the basics.

I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe Halloween and I continue to pray for those affected by hurricane Sandy.

No comments:

Post a Comment